Mar 14, 2010

Splendido at the Chateau, Avon CO - February 17

Rating - 8.34

If you stuffy, frumpy, expensive dinners with an older crowd this is your spot. As I sit to write this review I am getting mad thinking about how over the top this place pretends to be....how expensive it was...and how Zach's is SO MUCH BETTER!!!

We arrived a bit early and had a seat at the bar. Bartender was busy and was not very interested in getting us a drink. When we did get seated we were told we got the "power" table because it was in a corner and looked back over the room. It did not help that a loud mouthed NYer was talking LOUD about how great he was....I just wanted to drag his fat a** out into the snow and give him a "white wash".

Tim E was our waiter and he was very good at up selling us on everything we ordered. He was good, but methodical, and was a bit more interested in his other (older) tables.

I had the Gnocchi as an app and it was really good, but also REALLY SMALL (maybe 6 pieces), while Hot Mamma had the crab cake (it was great).

Then I had the NY Strip which was really cooked to perfection and I did really enjoy it...while Mamma had the Ono - she thought it was plain and just ok.

We did have a nice bottle of wine (Expensive, and Tim had recommended one that was $50 more), and the BEST DESSERT I HAVE EVER HAD - the "Candy Bar". I believe I did lick the plate.

After getting our check I couldn't wait to be out of the morgue and to get back to the Park Hyatt and have a shower.......

Way too pretentious for me, but the food is REALLY GREAT!

I would not return......

2 Sunshine 10.00
1 Ferrari Carano Cab 14.00
1 Gnocchi 16.00
1 Crab Cake 18.00
1 Ono 35.00
1 NY 39.00
1 Candy Bar 10.00
1 697 Domaine Serene Evans 125.00

Total - $293.65