Mar 14, 2010

Allegria Spa at Park Hyatt, Avon CO - February 18

Rating - 6.94

The ladies who check you in are not that helpful, and I was very disappointed in the "spa". Locker rooms are a bit small, and there is not much attention to detail. The "spa" itself is SMALL. There is one small pool in a common area, and then you head into the men's/women's private areas for the baths. There was a main pool, rain show, steam room, and a recovery room. Downside is that each is designed to only handle 4 individuals at a time, and I had 3 young teenage boys running around laughing.....not that it was too horrible since I was one once....but I never went into a spa until well after college....I even went out to the desk and said something to the ladies but they obviously didn't care. I just yapped at them when they bothered me and that was the end of it.......but I didn't feel very relaxed when I went up to meet the masseuse.

I met Hot Mamma in the "couples room" and it was weird because a man and then a woman showed up in the room (our initial unfriendly lady said it would be just for us), and it seemed like because there was so little help from the staff that no one really knew where to go or what to do......

We had decided to have a couple massage for the first time, and I don't think I would do it again. I just like to be alone and get worked over and not have to talk!

The guys who did the massages were EXCELLENT - I had the Deep tissue by Eli Goetter and it was probably the BEST MESSAGE I ever had. Mamma had Justin Mujwid and she loved hers. The guys were professional, had exceptional technique, and were respectful to the two of us.

Afterward they brought us each a glass of champagne. It was great to get a treatment after 3 days of skiing, but I would look for a different spot next time.

The message itself was a "10", the spa was below average "4", and the staff was a horrible ".005"

Deep Tissue Message 160.00
Swedish 160.00
Resort Assessment 15.50**** What is this GARBAGE????
Gratuity 55.80

Total - $382.92