Aug 21, 2009

Wild Ginger, Seattle - August 21

Rating - 8.0

Almost everyone we spoke to recommended this place for dinner......so I got a reservation for 7:15 pm on Thursday. I arrived about 15 minutes early and headed to the bar for a drink. Service was excellent and I had an outstanding Marg. When Paul arrived we asked to be seated by the windows in the bar.

The place is huge, I cant even begin to imagine how many it could seat, two separate dinning rooms, and another upstairs........and yet it had a smaller feel to it.

Our waiter Wilcox was quick with drinks and good recommendations. This is not a place that I would typically head to for dinner...."Asian Fusion"........

Our apps were the bruschetta with tuna and veggi roll - I didn't have either, but Paul really like them especially the brushetta (although they charged $1 extra for more bread). We also had some sake, which I didn't really like, don't get why everyone is so crazy about it.

For entrees we had the 7 flavor beef and wild salmon with rice. The beef was ok, but the salmon was UNBELIEVABLE - probably the best I have ever had. It was a simple dish, with a few garnishments, but was just excellent. Soft and flavorful, light and delicious. WOW!!

Finished off dinner with a few beers. It was a long dining experience, we left around 9:15, but it never dragged. The place was good for conversation and had a good "vibe" to it. It never seemed like all the tables were full, and yet new people were constantly moving into tables.

As good as the salmon was I would not return. Neat to try one time......

1 Bruschetta 18.95
1 viet veg roll 7.50
1 1/2 side bread 1.00
1 7 flavor beef 17.25 (way too small for that much)
1 wild salmon 33.95 (AWESOME)
1 sml asparagus 10.95
1 sake 8 oz 15.00
1 ginsing marg 8.50
4 Tsing Tao 20.00

Total - $146.41 - not worth it to me

1401 3rd Ave, 206-623-4450