Aug 30, 2009

The Golf Club at Newcastle - Coal Course, Seattle - August 21

Rating 8.1

The golf course itself is spectacular, excellent lay out spread over a huge area. Very few holes that run side-by-side.

We arrived very early for a 6:55 am tee time and they were not ready yet. All of the employees were arriving with us, so we did not get the "country club" experience they promote. Unloaded my clubs and went into pro shop to pay. After I paid, we went to the covered range to hit some practice balls. I did not like hitting off the mats, but it is a good set-up.

And PAY I DID. My complaint is IT IS SO FAR OVERPRICED ---- $160 a person and $55 for rental clubs. The rental clubs made me the maddest.....NO WAY they should be that much when the club companies provide them. As for the cost of the round, its a $100.00 course.

I did enjoy the golf course itself, and there were only 2 holes that I just didn't like.

Next time I would much rather pay the same amount and play Chambers Bay where they are holding the US Open in 2015.

2 rounds, 1 rental set, 1 sleeve of ProVs = $427.05