Aug 20, 2009

Rosebud Prime, Chicago Loop - August 18

Rating - 4.3

I used "Open Table" for the first time to book a 1 pm lunch meeting. I arrived just before 1 and the tables outside were pretty full, but it was too humid so we ate inside. It was not that crowded, and yet I think this is an excellent place for a business lunch. Great atmosphere, top notch service, and USUALLY great food.

Mauro B was our waiter and was quick to refill drinks and take our order (the Arnold Palmers are great here). I ordered the french dip special, and my lunch guest had the chopped salad. The food arrived promptly, and the salad was HUGE. The french dip looked a little on the skimpy side, and when I took a bite it was HORRIBLE-----I cant even begin to describe how bad-it was tough and fatty and I could even take a bite. I called the waiter over and let him know if was horrible. This may be the first time EVER that I had to send something back to the kitchen.....and it is especially embarrassing when its at lunch with a new customer. I asked for a cheeseburger.

It took a few minutes, but when it arrived it was excellent. I really like the fries they serve and the burger itself was HUGE. I know the burger is my "go to" there, but I do like to try the specials.

Mauro did apologize, and due to the delay in getting the right meal, I had to end the lunch rather quickly to be back in the office. I gave him my credit card to pay the bill, signed and went to leave. As we were leaving the manager came over and apologized, said he tried the sandwich and thought it was horrible also, that it was the first time the tried it and they would work on it.

As I sit here writing this review, I noticed the did charge me for the burger.....I guess that's fair because I did eat it, but the horrible french dip kind of ruined the experience for me.

1 Arnold Palmer 4.95
1 Diet Coke 3.00
1 French dip 18.95 (eliminated from the bill)
1 chopped salad, chicken, blue cheese 19.40
1 lunch chz burger 12.95

Total - 44.93