Aug 4, 2009

Washington DC - July22

Rating - 10.0

After the game we took the metro back into the city and walked to the Capital. It is impressive at any time, but really beautiful at night. We then started to walk the mall toward the Lincoln memorial.

I was surprised at how trampled the grass was and how it looked like hell. It was easy walking at 9 pm at night, enough people to feel comfortable, but not crowded at all.

We went to the WWII memorial which is incredibly moving and probably best seen at night.

We then stopped to see the Washington memorial - it looked awesome but I will return to see it and go up during the day.

Then on to the Lincoln memorial. It was my first time here and it is incredible. The marble steps and the statue itself is HUGE (and very hot inside by it). Unbelievable to see in person.

Next was the Vietnam memorial, but I think that is best seen during the day.

Finally the White House. Let me tell you that it is great to see in person, but due to the security zone it is a really long walk around it.

I was beat when we were done, but in about 2 hours we saw all that history.

I have to take the little guys back to see all the museums.

Total - FREE