Aug 5, 2009

Grand Hyatt, Buckhead GA - August 5

Rating - 6.0

I was happy they let me check in early (1 pm) and got me a king on the club level. The girls at the front desk are wonderful, and always go out of their way to be pleasant (ie. if you walk by the desk).

I did decide I would start running the "Matt Test" to see how Hyatt treats Diamond members. I called the front desk from my cell phone at 7:30 to ask if they had any suites available. The answer was "yes' and the charge was base rate plus $75 or base plus $200 for a really nice one. Interesting.

The gym is decent, has all the equipment necessary.

Room is ok, club is fine but the breakfast choices are limited (some ceral, few bagels, and toast).

Not worth the $229 that I paid.....there was a Hyatt Place a block away for $149.

Total - $229 + taxes = $263.35