Aug 20, 2009

Daily Grill, Seattle - August 19

Rating - 7.2

I stopped in to have a beer while my buddy checked in at the Sheraton. Nice bar with a bunch of stools and hi def tvs behind it. Very comfortable, and a very nice young lady named Rachelle behind the bar.

I decided to try the Pyramid Hef and it really good - smooth with a nice after taste. Best of all the use fresh frosted mugs for each beer. When Paul arrived, we decided to eat at the bar.

We ordered an app and the entrees and after about a 1/2 hour I had to ask Rachelle if they forgot about us.....she headed to the back and returned about 5 minutes later with our Spinach artichoke dip (excellent) and Mac and cheese (way too bland - we really didn't eat that much). The place was basically empty, and I would be worried when it was crowded about how long the wait would be.

After another 15 minutes or so the entrees arrived. I had the broiled salmon and it was FANTASTIC, Paul had the stuffed trout and he devoured it. Excellent entrees.

At 9 pm it became Happy Hour again. I had forgotten this but in Seattle they have a regular happy hour and a late one....and they are GREAT values. The app we had for 10.95 is 3.95 at happy hour and there are drink specials also. We had the sidekicks (little cheeseburgers) that were EXCELLENT.

When we left at 9:17 pm it was still pretty empty. I would not return for dinner because it too long for the food to arrive and I just think there are better restaurants in town. However I would go back to have a few beers.

6 Pyramid Hef (6@ 5.50) 33.00
Spinach Artichoke Dip 10.95
Macaroni & Cheese 7.50
Salmon Broiled 23.95
Trout - Stuffed 25.75
Pyramid Hef 4.50 (happy hour price)
HH sidekicks 2.95

Total - 119.46

629 Pike Street, 206-624-8400