Aug 17, 2009

Joey's Capri, Warrenville IL - August 14

Rating - .999 (service - 10.00, food - 7.00, probably a 9.0 without my dish, honoring gift certificate 0 0.00)

What can I say except that I am SO DISAPPOINTED in my ex-favorite place to have dinner. We have LOVED this place for many years and it is where we celebrated all of our special occasions (birth days, anniversary, valentines day, etc). Even after the place at Calamos closed we supported this new location.

It appears to me that Joey is no long involved in the day-to-day operations. Last week his son said he was in Florida promoting his sauce, this week his new partner said he was down there opening a new restaurant.

What I do know is they still have no liquor license. Keith (new partner, former manager/bartender) applied for a new one. They cant survive any longer with out one. Oh yeah, THEY CHEATED US ON A GIFT CERTIFICATE ON FRIDAY (more on that).

We went to dinner on Friday at about 6:30. There were probably 5 other tables seated. We had our three kids and two guests. They are suffering, I don't know how the wait staff can survive.

Our server (Chris) was awesome as usual, and most of the entrees were excellent (except mine). Expensive for kids dinners and the adults "specials" - $28.95 per. But worst of all they took my $50 gift certificate and took $17 off the bill....that was it......it makes me so mad that I WON'T EVER RETURN.

1 calamari app - around $11
4 kids meals (plain pasta) - around $11 each
Home made rigatoni with Vodka sauce - around $17
Seafood special - around $28 (second week in a row Katie had it and LOVED IT, finished left-overs last nigh)
Salmon special - around $28 - this was my dinner, marginal at best. Very bland with little flavoring.
3 kids ice cream
2 canolis

Total - $146.47

It is such a shame they had ruin our relationship by not honoring all of the gift certificate. My prediction is they close in two weeks. Good bye old friend.....