Aug 4, 2009

Park Hyatt, Washington DC - July 22

Rating - 0.11

I did get this response to my posting which I did appreciate:

Dear Mr. Wolniewicz,I hope you're doing well. I have just left you a voicemail and wanted to follow up with an email as well. As I mentioned in my voicemail, I'm very concerned, disappointed & embarrassed to hear about your experience with us in July. I was hoping you had a little bit of time to share with me further what happened. We take all our guests comments very seriously so your time would be very much appreciated.Mr. Wolniewicz, please accept my sincerest apologies for not taking care of you as well as we should have. Please let me know if there's anything we can do to make it up to you at this point. As a Diamond member, we appreciate your loyalty to Hyatt and would want to re-gain it back to the Park Hyatt Washington.Looking forward to hearing from you.With Warmest Regards,Cornelia SamaraDirector of RoomsPark Hyatt Washington D.C.24 & M Streets NWWashington, D.C. 20037+1 202 419 6621+1 202 419 6694Cornelia.Samara@hyatt.com


Let me tell you a story about service....the guy I was traveling with was staying at the Westin DC City Center (1400 M Street NW) and we walked 10 blocks there after our appointment ended in the afternoon (it was really hot and humid). When we arrived we were hot and sweaty (not a pretty sight); one of the girls behind the counter welcomed us with a big smile and asked us to wait for a minute - when she returned she had two cold/wet face towels and 2 bottles of water. She said the weather was terrible and she wanted to do all she could to make us comfortable. My buddy checked in ($205 a night) and I caught a cab to the Park Hyatt.

When I arrived, the bellman helped me out and I noticed he had an ear piece in. He asked my name and I told him - I kind of expected him to tell the front desk, but he didn't. I still don't know why they have them.

The front desk couldn't find my reservation and it took at least 10 minutes to get checked in - no towel and no water bottle.

When I finally got to room I was really disappointed. The Park Hyatt in Chicago is exceptional in every way, and the Park Hyatt in DC is like a Motel 6.

It is NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would stay in that Westin every time in DC without a second thought. Its all about the service, and there is little (if any) at the Park Hyatt.

A few of things that I hated - there was a QT storm (Ozone) machine in the room running when I arrived - that is usually a sign that someone smoked in the room - I called the front desk to inquire and was told that is just done to keep the rooms fresh -- I have NEVER had that happen to me in a few hundred nights on the road in the past 2 years---and it ran the entire time I was there. There was definitely a funky smell in the room.

Oh, that is just one thing I hated and there are many more: the clock is a cube and its impossible to see the time and doesn't light at night, the shower blows - there is a rain shower and a wall shower and neither has much water pressure, there was NO PAPER on my door in the morning - I saw a black paper bag on other doors (PH Chicago asks which paper you want at check in) and the fitness center elliptical machines all squeaked. The room itself was sub par.

There is NO LUXURY HERE. It is a complete waste of money to stay here.

And if you are a preferred member of Hyatt's loyalty program you are just another customer rolling through the door.

Props on the bed, I loved it and slept really well.

Total - $345 + 49.66 tax + .36 DC Package tax = $395.02 (remember the story about my buddy at the Westin for $200)