Aug 11, 2009

Lou Malnati's Pizza, Naperville - August 7

8/17-Update: I received the following e-mail that I really appreciate- Hi, Mr. Wolniewicz: I received the feedback from your blog and would like the opportunity to speak with you about it. We strive to constantly provide the best pizza around and work to stay family oriented so any other feedback we can get is very appreciated! Please call or email me at your convenience. Kim SwansonDistrict ManagerLou Malnati's Pizzeria kswanson@loumalnatis.com
***It doesn't change my feelings, but its AWESOME Customer service!!!

Rating - 6.2

We arrived on a rainy Friday around 4 pm with 5 kids and 4 adults. We were seated in the main dining room and it was empty - 1 other table. Kids went off to play video games and we ordered drinks (YES). Game room was small, four games I think, and most of the games "ate" quarters at one time or another. The hostess said the vendor collects money on Friday and usually fixes the games then, but they were good enough to refund the lost quarters. Beware that its 50 cents a game, and $10 goes fast.

Our waitress, Sandy, was great. Always there with a fresh drink or to check on us. Over time the place became very crowded and when we left at 6:10 pm it was mobbed and there was a long waiting list.

I was surprised because the pizza is marginal at best. No where close to Unos in the city. The adults did enjoy the salad, but the calamari was greasy and awful. Kids didn't really care, they just wanted to play games.

The place is very family friendly and has a great atmosphere. However, while I think it is a good value, I don't think I would return because there are just too many better places in Naperville to go, and I prefer a family place for pizza.

(4) Mug Miller Lite 3.25 per
(4) Mug Honey Weiss 4.50 per (this is my beer, what a rip off that the same size 8 ounce beer is 1.25 more than Lite)
(3) Mug Peroni 4.75 per (same thing--rip off)
(3) Glass Ranch Zabaco Cab 6.75 per
Med Malnati Salad 6.75 (everyone LOVED it)
Calamari 6.95 (Horrible)
Medium thin cheese 9.35
Medium Pan cheese and sausage 14.70
Sml pan The Lou 12.45
Child Mostaccioli 4.50
(2) can root beer .95
Small pink lemonade 1.00
Chocolate Chip Pizza 5.00 (dessert---AWESOME)

Total - $141.14

630-717-0700