Aug 20, 2009

Grand Hyatt, Seattle - August 20

Rating - 9.75

I forgot what a SPECTACULAR property this is.......and what excellent service everyone provides. This is truly an excellent property!!

It began when I valet parked the car, the guy were all friendly and helpful. Next I moved to the registration desk and was helped by Katie. She was AWESOME, friendly, efficient and offered up some good local spots for dinner. Just what you want when you check in.

Next, I headed up to the Regency Club to get some water and I met Alex. Great young kid who went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and help with directions and traffic to the airport.

I had a note from Mark Stiebeling, the GM, and I called him to let him know how great the staff was and to thank him for the room I am in. He was friendly and I enjoyed our chat.

I then headed to the 4th floor gym. It is excellent, clean/modern look, enough space with cardio, weight machines, and free weights. I always like a bench press, but that was the only thing missing.

I also used Louise the concierge to book a reservation for dinner and she was very friendly and efficient. Excellent service!!

Only thing that was below expectation was the maid service on Friday....I left early in the morning and when I returned at 3 pm the room was just as I left it....no maid service. I called down and they came in and emptied the trash and delivered fresh towels.

The property was surprisingly busy on the weekend....the club level for breakfast had a busy crowd for breakfast and the gym was crowded every morning (someone said it was people on the cruises).

Overall an exceptional experience and a wonderful place to stay. The staff is exceptional and the location is awesome -- right next to the shopping and a 15 minute walk to the fish market. In fact, I don't even think you need a car if you are staying downtown -- everything is a short walk or cab away.

$169.15 a night, valet is $33 + 3.14 + 3.30 = $39.44 a night