May 11, 2010

Hyatt Regency Minneapolis, Minneapolis MN - May 11

Rating - 9.99989

What an INCREDIBLE check-in experience (the low life's in Portland - http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/2010/04/hyatt-place-portland-or-april-21.html -should take a class here).  I arrived around 12:30 and there was no one in line waiting, but both of the front desk personnel were on the phone (and they kept ringing), but Trent Chesley waved me down and made me feel right at HOME. 

He looked me in the eye when we spoke, was engaged in our conversation, and was incredibly friendly and helpful (I axed best way to get tickets to Twins new park).  He then took it a step further and handed me his business card and let me know he would be of assistance in way possible...and I believe him.  What a GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

I am on the Regency level in room 2216 and it is nice, but has an older tube tv.  Regency Club is very nice, but small, and has EXCELLENT cookies and brownies (need to check out the fitness center) in the afternoon.

Fitness is old but TOP NOTCH.....tons of cardio machines and good free weight area.....also have a basketball court...and they do massages (although they were booked up).....it was free for me as a Diamond Member.....or its $11 a day...but well worth it.

They also have a pool on 6th level (same as fitness center) and its kind of like the old "Holidome" - with rooms that have sliding glass doors or balconies that open on to the pool....my kids would LOVE it.

Regency club closes kind of early in the morning (9:30 am) so get in before it does.

Bed was awesome, its very quiet in the room and they have a nice turn-down service that empties trash, changes the towels and leaves chocolates......AWESOME........

Only downside was the old style tv........flat screen please.

Well run operation, great rooms and friendly staff = WINNER.  Stay here......

Total - $159.20 + 21.33 tx = $180.53