May 7, 2010

Laurel Audi, Westmont IL - April 29

Rating - 4.4

This was the first dealership I worked with and they had a great price on a base A6. When I arrived to test drive the first thing I noticed was the SMELL. Heavy cigarette smoker car.....I axed Brian if it was a smoker car and he admitted it was (never tried to mislead me).

It was listed around $24,500 and I offered $23,000 - had my checkbook out along with the title to my car. Brian had to go to Jason, so I opened my laptop and started working, and when he came back he tried to sell me on the "value".....it didn’t work.

I then met Ozzie the GM who told me to "buy the car", I let him know I thought the price was out of line, and he was pleasant but said it was the right price. Brian went back to Jason again and said there were a "couple of hundred dollars" they could discount, but that was it. I left and asked him to call if the price came down.

He politely kept in touch, and about 3 weeks later the car was priced under 24K, but when I got back to him the next day it was sold (and that was fine by me).

Decent guys, but I will not return for service (very small waiting area, and Continental Audi has a much nicer shop), and would not buy a car here either.

Brian Deepholz (sales) was very professional, Ozzie Haleem (GM of the store) was a good guy- 630-655-6700 - ozzi@autonation.com - I did not like Jason Bulthuis (the Internet manager) and would never work with him BulthuisJ@autonation.com.