May 13, 2010

Continental Audi, Naperville IL - May 13

Rating - 8.94

Awesome service by Keith Lindgren who is one of the service advisors.  I called ahead of time and when I arrived he was professional, friendly, and went out of his way to really take care of me.

Decent waiting area, with free water coffee/tea and wifi, but it is small (2 tables).....told me it would take about 1 1/2 hours and about and hour in Kevin came out and let me know they had to take it outside to test and paint the antenna.  about 45 minutes later someone else came out to let me know they had to order parts, but they did two other things that had to be done (under warranty).  She said Kevin would call when it arrived in a few days.

I really didn't care it took so long because I was working....but they missed the time estimate by a little bit.  All in all a good experience and they did something REALLY COOL when I got the car....there was a note hanging from the mirror that had a picture of Adam Kurcab - 9 years experience - and a statement that his "signature is a personal endorsement of the quality of work I have performed" - AWESOME PERSONAL SERVICE!!!!

I also saw Bill Manrot and he really is a good guy, said hello and was very friendly (even if I didn't buy a car from him).