May 7, 2010

Whirlyball, Chicago IL - May 6

Rating - 8.2

Took the Team over for a 2 - 4 pm session.....place looks GREAT.....3 courts to play on...with private rooms that look over the courts with a window that slides open so you can yell at the players..full sports bar with tons of flat screen tvs.....and a great bar tender.

We had a BLAST - I had not played in at least 5 years and forgot how much fun it was......

I had worked with Natalie Schab - 773.486.7777 ext. 103, natalie.schab@whirlyball.com - to book the event and she was GREAT, very accommodating when I changed the time/package (lunch, then no lunch).....

HOWEVER I also dealt with Erin Sweeney who gave me the WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. She called my cell at 9:41 pm and informed me that if I did not immediately make a deposit after she hung up my event would be cancelled....when I explained I had been traveling all week she told me that was NO EXCUSE and if I didn't comply my time would be cancelled.....I was so surprised I actually thought a buddy had set me up with a prank call and I axed her that....she assured me she was serious. Such a NASTY person and a horrible experience I actually told here "you suck" and hung up the phone.....and I am 44 years old!

I left Natalie a message, she called me at 9 am in the morning and apologized and I decided to have the event. I just cant believe in today's economy that anyone would think that kind of behavior is acceptable....and there were 2 other courts open when we arrived. That night of the call I actually had decided I would not go the next day if they paid ME....but didn't want to penalize everyone else.

Outside of that horrible experience we had a BLAST!

Total - $360.00 for 2 hours of court time - $50 coupon = $310.00