Dec 7, 2009

Rosebud Prime, Chicago - November 2

Rating - 9.99

We had a business lunch and hosted a person we interviewed. This is a great place for a business lunch and the service (Jay was our waiter) is always top notch---as is the food. There is always a good crowd and I like it for a business lunch because its loud enough to not hear the conversation at the next table, but no so loud as have to shout. Everyone is a professional here.

Unfortunately I had a "near death" experience on this particular day, a piece of cheese burger (which was excellent) got stuck in my throat....I left the table in hopes I could get it out in the trash, but was having problems swallowing....so someone on the staff gave me the Heimlich---didn't work the first time so he did it again and I could breath....makes me sick writing this!!!

It turned the GM, David Flom, was the one who came to my rescue. What a great guy he was after the fact, helped me to the stairs so I get to the bathroom, never made a big deal out of it, and actually apologized when I returned back down. He also sent over two complimentary deserts - which was way above the call of duty when he saved my a**.

Just another reason why I really do enjoy having lunch here!

1 arnold palmer 4.95
1 lunch Asian 26.95
1 pork chops 16.95
1 Chz Burger bacon 14.95
1 Mac/cheese 7.25
1 Berries Sabayon 9.00**
1 Granny Smith Pie 9.00**
**credited back

Total - 79.22