Dec 9, 2009

Hyatt Regency, Newport Beach CA - November 4

Rating - 7.0

Beautiful property, resort like, with a great 9 hole (Par 3) golf course.

We arrived around 5 pm and headed over to play a quick 9 but it was getting too dark and we only finished 5 holes....but the guy running it was totally cool and let us play for free.

Felt like I was treated just like any other "joe" who stayed there.....even though I am a Hyatt Diamond member....its is kind of strange: sometimes I get a great room/others times it sucks. This time it was just "ok".....room 814.

I am kind of upset because I left my heart rate strap in the room over the tv (to dry) and after check out I realized I had forgotten it. I left a vm, and got a call the next day saying it had not been found........didn't realize there was a black market for them (well they are $40).

So, we headed out to dinner and the valet guys/bellmen are always great, very friendly, and good with places to go/directions.

I would love to take the family here because they do have shuffle board game, ping pong tables and pools all over. Plus the grounds are beautiful and you can get to any point in Newport Beach easily.....its just the lack of recognition for being a valued dedicated "Hyatt Guy" that bugs me.

Total - $156.96 (includes taxes for one night).