Dec 9, 2009

Hyatt Regency Crown Center, Kansas City MO - November 11

Rating - 3.4

Pulled up around 4 pm and the place was empty.....more like deserted. The lobby is very nice and features a nice water fall as a back drop.....the girl who checked me in was friendly and said bidness was SLOW.

I used one of my "diamond" upgrades to check out their suites, room 2522, and it was OLD. Do not pay for a suite if you stay here. Decor was very dated but it was decent size, although the coach had been there a long time and I was afraid to lay on it. Desk was awful for anyone who wanted to work at it, and wireless internet connect was horrible.

I had their room service chicken sandwich (and fries) for dinner and it was pretty decent. Kind of hard to believe the wait was 30 minutes....

I also had breakfast at their restaurant and there were a few more people around. It was a buffet, nothing special but pretty decent.

I guess a lot of activities still happen at Crown Center in Kansas City, and I would only stay at the property for a special event. Not for bidness travel.

Room service 18.25
Valet Parking 18.00 (which by the way is a JOKE, the garage is right next to the property)
Room 183.20 (I prepaid it)

Total - $249.08