Jun 18, 2010

Fiora's, Geneva IL - June 12

Rating - 8.2

Why aren't there more people having dinner here?

That was the only question that has been running through my mind since we dined here with our Chef neighbors Saturday night around 8:30 pm......

Place is beautiful, well laid-out, with a really nice L shaped bar, and tables outside on the patio.....

We were promptly seated when we arrived and I was surprised because there were only 4 or 5 other tables seated. We had Liz as our waitress and she made great recommendations, is very cute, but was a bit slow with service (especially with the light crowd).

Did I say the place is beautiful....it really is spectacular.....

Food was really solid, not great, but solid. Menu has fewer choices then I would have imagined. I had the sharp cheddar plate first and it was EXCELLENT, then had the salmon for dinner and it was ok, kind of plain, but decent. My wife LOVED the Walleye special, and they all enjoyed the flat bread pizza as an app.

At desert time, my mind wandered to Grahm's located across the street, and the girls were kind enough to go across the street and buy some chocolate covered pretzels while we waited for the desserts they ordered......

A fun night, neat place, ok service (see the other reviews), and decent food.

We are going to return to have dinner or desert on the patio.....

4 Rouge Dead Guy 20.00 - my beers, pretty good
Simi Chardonnay 48.00
Artisan Pick 1 4.95 (My excellent cheese plate)
Flatbread Pizza 11.95
2 Salmon Filet 47.90
Walleye 22.95
Pan Seared Duckbreast 21.95
Berry Cobbler 7.00
Carrot Cake 7.00
3 G Hahn Meritage 30.00

Total - $238.33