Jun 15, 2010

Autotrader.com - May 13

Rating - NEGATIVE  - 5.5 - that's right NEGATIVE

Not very happy with their customer service - in fact they SUCK - was trying to sell my car and listed it on Craig's list - http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/2010/06/craigs-list-may-13.html -(where it sold in a few hours) and decided to post also on Autotrader. 

I got probably 6 calls within the first 1/2 hour car was listed on Craig's List, and sold it that night.  No calls from the listing on Autotrader (and I did that after listing on Craig's List), and I took down the posting that night from Autotrader.

When I sent a note the next day to Autotrader asking for a partial or full refund (this was my request): Private Seller Services Customer Comments: Hi, I sold my car tonight to someone in my neighborhood who saw it on the street. I just posted my ad around 1 pm today, is there any way I can get a refund? It was only on the site for a few hours at best. Thank you for your consideration



Response I got: Dear Matthew, Thank you for using AutoTrader.com. We have received a credit request with regards to your 1996 Acura 2.5TL listing. Listing ID: 100977668. This notification is to inform you that per our refund policy we are unable to issue a credit for your request. Below we have included a link to our visitor's agreement. Here you will find a copy of our refund policy. http://www.autotrader.com/visitor.jsp If we may be of further assistance please contact Private Seller Services Monday through Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday from 9am-7pm Eastern Time. Thank you for using AutoTrader.com,Ashley TaylorAutoTrader.com

PLEASE DON' USE THEM TO SELL YOUR CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total Cost for less than 1 day "Deluxe Ad" - $55.99 - and I will NEVER FORGET it.....