Apr 27, 2010

Hilton Executive Tower, Portland OR - April 20

Rating - 2.2

Had to wait in line to check in and I overheard someone saying "you should book at the other Hilton across the street for the lower price and we will upgrade you to the Towers as a Diamond member".....wish I would have taken that advice.

It is confusing because there are two Hilton properties next to each other....I was in the "upgraded" towers location....but there is NOTHING upgraded about it.

Small room, pretty loud all times of day, slow wifi connection....and the work out facility SUCKS - a few outdated machines. I went across the street to use their "fitness center" and its just a bit better - few cardio machines, tight dumb bell area, but they did have a bench (love that), but it is really tight on space.

Had breakfast with a colleague and was pretty disappointed in the price for the buffet ($18 each) for a small selection (no cooked to order eggs) but good pancakes.

The guys I travel with usually stay at the Westin...but I didn't like that either....IS THERE A GOOD HOTEL DOWNTOWN PORTLAND????

Total - $170 (room) + tax = $191.25