Apr 20, 2010

Double Tree, Chesterfield MO - March 27 - March 30

Revised Rating - 0.00

I received this response today, I take it as an insult to me: Matthew,I am truly sorry that our hotel did not meet your needs. We all work very hard to make sure all of our guests are treated with CARE and we obviously failed in your case. It is so nice to part of the Hilton Family of Brands and to have the Homewood Suites as an alternative hotel. I am sure the large suite concept will meet your family needs. Regards,Matt FellingGeneral Manager

Rating - 0.3

HORRIBLE. Could not be any worse spot in the World to spend 3 nights with the family in Room 1120 - WAY to SMALL - and doesn't work well with 3 kids and 2 adults. I was especially disappointed because I had reached out to the Front Desk Manager prior to our trip and the property was EMPTY during the weekend and we still had a HORRIBLE ROOM. 2 twin beds with really no other space, extremely small bathroom and one sink to get ready at (both right next to me), space reminds me of the Motel 6 - but is NOT AS NICE. Very disappointing especially because when we lived in St Louis in the early 90s this was a premiere property.

Oh yeah, its always nice to HEAR your NEIGHBORS TV blaring all night, and them snoring, because the walls are so thin.........

Customer service at the font desk was pretty rotten also.....

Even though I used my Hilton points so it was free, IT WAS NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!

Their policy on "free" breakfasts pissed me off also.....they allow 2 per room...most Hilton properties will give you as many coupons as you have people in the room (especially for families - another reason I LOVE the BOSTON Hilton in the financial center)...and the buffet was empty on all three days we went, twice we were the only tables. I will say service was EXCELLENT for BREAKFAST, and the food choices were ok (its pretty small, especially on Sunday). And it is EXPENSIVE for breakfast.........

The hotel has a pool, and I hung out with the kids for a few hours. It was large, clean, nice and they had toys for the kids to play with.....small hot tub.

There is also a fitness center attached and its free......it should be because I think it was designed and has the original equipment from the 1960s...not real clean, and OLD cardi0 equipment.

They did comp the roll away - but NEVER AGAIN HERE....there is a Homewood Suites about 1/4 mile that I would stay in next time.

Breakfast - $29.92 I(this was what I had to spend after using 2 "free" coupons