Apr 28, 2010

AA 398, ORD to LGA - April 28

Rating - NOT GOOD

In all the years I have been traveling this is the first time I heard an announcement by a very scared flight attendant asking if there was a Dr or nurse on the plane.....the guy in front of me hit his call button and said he was....he was about 60, dressed in a suite, and calmly got up and walked to the back. It was scary looking at the flight attendant and seeing how scared she was....

We were just getting ready to make our decent when they made the announcement...and the pilot must have needed to get to the ground FAST because it was a strange flight pattern and there were a lot of sharp turns as we quickly descended.....I rarely get nervous or an upset stomach even in choppy weather, but during that process I did....

The Doc got back to his seat just before our rough (hard, I think the plane bounced) and they made another announcement axing everyone to stay seated while the paramedics boarded.

I was in 5E and was surprised that everyone did stay seated.....5-6 paramedics and some police officers boarded and told the attendant they were going to try and get them off the plane because it was too tight to work on them in the back....

Two guys in suits, who looked horrible, were lead off the plane by the paramedics. We then got off, and one of them was on a stretcher - the other in a wheel chair and they looked HORRIBLE. I overheard they were sitting together in Row 32 and one of them passed out....

Scary stuff