Jun 16, 2009

Rivers Euro American Bistro, Chicago - June 11

Rating - 2.7

I met a customer here for breakfast on a Thursday morning at 8 am. There was no one at the host stand, and almost no one in the restaurant. It had an odd feeling to it, like they should not really be open for breakfast. I have had a few beers on their patio, and I loved that. Never again for breakfast.

Not a good place for a business meal, it was too quiet and "dead". No excitement. The waiter tried hard, but service was pretty crappy. The food was similar (although my buddy Jeff said his was good). I had the scrambled with breakfast potato's, sausage and bacon. Bacon was crispy and good (how could it not be), sausage was like a hockey puck (maybe not that good) and eggs were marginal.

I couldn't wait to leave.

They are located in the old Merc building, very close to Union Station and Olgivy...have a beer here, NOT BREAKFAST.

1 hot tea 2.95
1 2 -egg special 7.95
1 salmon scramble 9.75

Subtotal = 23.00

Total - $27.00 (including tip)