Jun 16, 2009

Hyatt - Jeff Zidell, VP Gold Passport, Chicago IL - June

Jeff is a great guy who took time to meet me for breakfast and listen to me BITCH about Hyatt in general. I have to do a rating of the properties I have stayed at in the past year, but I had a horrible experience almost every time at the San Fran Grand, and I worked my way up to him.

Not really what he is responsible, but I really appreciated that he took the time to listen to me.

The odd thing (probably not) is that ever since we spoke, I have been getting exceptional service from the properties. In fact on of my favorite place in the country to stay is the Hilton in the financial district in Boston - but I am not staying there tonight because the rate was $425, so i decided to try the Hyatt Harbor side. I received a call from them today (on day of check in) to see when I was arriving so my room would be ready if I got in early -- I have NEVER had a property reach out proactively like that before. And on my trip to San Fran last week I had the executive suite the night before I met him (he swore he didn't set me up, but I don't believe it).

If Hyatt treats their Diamond members like this all the time there would be no reason to stay anywhere else. I am at the cross roads because I am done with Hilton, and Hyatt doesn't have properties everywhere, so my options are Starwood or Marriott, or Hyatt.

I am leaning tword Hyatt.........