May 29, 2009

The Nines, Portland OR - May 19

Rating - .2 (and that is only because the gym is GREAT)

DON'T STAY HERE EVER, sleep in a park in the rain if its your only option.

So, that trip was a couple of weeks ago and I am still MAD about the way I was treated at check in and the experience was so bad it reminded me of staying at the Grand Hyatt in San Fran.

I had a 6 am flight to Philly for an early morning appointment, and then had to fly back through Chicago to Seattle and then drive down to Portland. DON'T EVER do that, fly direct to Portland or catch a connection through Seattle. Needless to say I was beat by the time I arrive.

Our new business booking site had this property rated the best for Portland. It is a very neat art deco motif, but the service at check in SUCKED. The clerk was just a b**** and when I asked if they had a high quiet room, she looked at the computer, gave me a smile that said to f*** off, and said that was the best they could do. Probably the worst service I have ever had, ever.

I went to the room and the street noise was so loud I called the "guest assist" line. I was told I would be connected to the front desk, but it took so long I hung up and walked back to the front desk and asked a different clerk if there was a different room anywhere else in the hotel - I didn't care if it had a king or not. They moved me up one floor, and it was a bit better. Just the way the whole thing was handled was terrible, and all the had to do was say "I am sorry". But no one did.

I did use the fitness center the next day, it was nice but no free weights.

The doormen were great and gave great directions.

Best thing about the place was LEAVING. I would sleep in the car if the choice was that or the Nines again. I usually stay at the Hilton but it was sold out.

Total - $222.00 for the night.