May 4, 2009

Grand Hyatt, San Francisco - May 4

Rating - 6.2 - each time I think about the service here I want to lower, but desk service, club service and Amy's service keeps it here

Why do I keep pounding my head against the wall and staying here? The customer experience SUCKS. Last stay earlier this year was ok, but last fall was a disaster. I do like the location and the gym, but I am changing next time....the St Regis is close.

Only good part of check-in was that Alex Lane, the Room Executive checked me in and was very professional and had the courtesy to walk out from behind the desk, shake my hand and offer me his card......that counts for BIG POINTS.

Unfortunately, I am in a handicap room. They can never get my room preference here, and as a Diamond member at Hyatt they consistently underwhelm my expectations.

The service was EXCELLENT in the club room from David for breakfast, and the rate of $137.81(including taxes) helped keep the overall rating over a 6.

However, when I returned and stared to do my expense report, I noticed I was charged for internet usage for $9.99. Hyatt recently changed their "Diamond Status" to include it for free and upgrade to the best room available. The San Fran Hyatt failed miserably at each. So, on 5/6 I sent an email to Amy who was listed on the folio. She replied on 5/7:
Dr. Wolniewicz, Thank you for choosing the Grand Hyatt on Union Square for your recent visit to San Francisco! I checked your account and found there was an additional wireless internet charge, which I adjusted and credit $9.99 back to your American Express. I have sent you a copy of the updated statement. I do apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything else I may assist you with. Thank you, Amy HughesFront Office ManagerGrand Hyatt San Francisco415.848.6040

Pretty good service and response, but the San Fran Hyatt can NEVER get it right on the front side.