May 29, 2009

Hyatt at Olive 8, Seattle WA - May 20

Rating - 3.2

Don't stay here, stay at the Grand Hyatt that is located very close. Only benefit to staying is that you get a discount at the spa. Its Hyatt's brand new "green" hotel and they are very proud of it.....but they need to get a new management staff on board.

I am so sick of being a Diamond member and getting a crummy room (room 1645). I asked the girl who helped me check in if this was the best free room they had and she said "yes". However, after I went to the room to drop my bags I knew it was not. On the way down I asked if the corner rooms were free, she said "yes" again, and I asked if I could get one. She said she would have to check with the manager, but I was late for the ball game and headed out. I would have expected to have a message from her when I returned, but no.

In addition, the walls are not that solid, I could hear the goofs next to me.

They do have a very nice spa, but that is another post.

In summary, stay at the Grand Hyatt, at least they will put you in a great room.

Total - 605.02 for 2 nights