Mar 26, 2009

Park Hyatt, Chicago IL - March 25

Rating - 7.0

From the first time we visited the property in December our stays have each been a bit more disappointing. This is my third visit since, and the first I had to pay for.

Cancelled flight got me back in Chicago at 11:30 pm, I checked the web site and the Hyatt on Michigan Ave was $169, but it is REALLY OLD and sucks - rate at Park Hyatt was $345. I called Park Hyatt and told them how late I was arriving and they offered $279, I said it was not enough and they offered $229. I took it.

Arrived late, had them park the car, and they said I was "upgraded"....they must say that to everyone to make them feel better. Room was small, but quiet. They got rid of my favorite lotion in the bathroom.

Don't know that I will be back, they did not in any way exceed my expectation. I would rather stay at Ritz or Peninsula (each a block away).

Total - $309.25 (room + valet for 45)