Mar 26, 2009

Hyatt Regency, Newport Beach CA - March 23-24

Rating - 7.0

This is usually one of my favorite properties. However, I had a room in the main building on the third floor (320) and it was complete garbage. In fact they should just take down the main building, it is old, has a bad oder, and is shows its age.

I do LOVE the little 9 hole golf course that you play with a wedge and a putter. Its $12 per player, and $2 to rent the two clubs, and they tried to scam us to buy some golf balls---just ask them for some they have sitting there.

We each had 1 glass of wine at the fire pit the first night ($28 for 2 ---- rip off). Breakfast was marginal in the main restaurant, and I would continue my theme of blowing up the entire main building.

I had to take a town car to LAX to catch my flight and should have used the limo service from the hotel for $120 because I paid more.

I will go back and give them another chance.

Total - $270.55 (base rate 180) - included golf and wines