Mar 26, 2009

JW Marriott Grande Lakes, Orlando FL - March 3-6

Rating 6.1 --lowered on further review based on rate

Property was nice, but in the middle of nowhere. Easy to get to from the airport, but nothing around it at all. There was a Ritz that shared the property and the meeting rooms, health club.

Room was decent; clean and big. Bed was OK.

We had a customer event at the hotel over three days, and the meeting rooms were just OK. It shows its age, and I don't think I would go back there.

Health club was pretty good, bunch of cardio machines, good free weight area, and it was close to the rooms.

Pool looked nice, never was there.

There was also a Greg Norman golf course where we had a cocktail reception in the evening...that was very nice.

If I was bringing the family back to Orlando I would stay in Disney and not here.

Maid gets big props for finding my wedding band in the bathroom for me!

$989.58 for three nights ($279/night) is WAY TOO MUCH in this economy.