Feb 23, 2009

Yard House, Pasadena, CA - 2/23

Rating 8.5

Solid. I have been to this spot before and also to ones in San Diego and Scottsdale. Its like a large micro brewery with 100 beers on tap. The food is solid. The customer I had with me was surprised that they had a fixed price menu (7.95 for 1/2 sand and soup/salad) and a revised menu (with lower prices??).

We were there at 11:30 am and it was empty. Maybe 2 other tables in the entire place. Good service, and decent food.

New Zealand Calamari 10.45 - exceptional, tasty batter and we ate all of it
Arnold Palmer 3.45
Lemonade 3.45 (we both had multiple glasses, unlike that scum-hole in Chicago, Harry Carry's that charges per drink)
Bearnaise Burger 10.85
Classic Cheeseburger 10.45 -- this was mine, it was just ok, and so big I didnt finish, fries were AWESOME - shoe string kind like at Steak and Shake
Bacon 1.50 -whoops, that was for me

Total 43.46 for two (without tip)

Good value for a bidness lunch with an app.