Sep 8, 2009

Hyatt Regency, Milwaukee WI - September 8

Rating - 8.51

First Impressions
- tight parking by check in, 2 polite ladies working check in (but there was a line of 4 people), dated decor, room is ok but not real clean - bobby pin on the floor along with a hair tie -- grosses me out! Also, none of the "service" buttons (ie. front desk) worked on the phone, so you have to dial "0" to get the operator to talk to front desk/valet.

I actually called the general manager (got his vm) and "guest services" - which was security, to let them know about how disgusting the carpet was. I headed to the gym and by the time I returned the floor was clean.

As for the gym, it was small but ok. I would not want to try and workout here if the property was full.

The room was quiet and the bed is nice. The Regency club is beautiful and was stocked all the time (I was there in off hours, but the fridge was always full). Also the bellman, Bobby, is great for directions or tips on local things to do.

As I ponder my stay a day after I left, I do like the property. Everyone who worked there was friendly and the location is good. I would stay here again.

Total - $104 room rate, $23 for valet parking = $141.82