Sep 14, 2009

Gold Coast Dogs, 159 N Wabash Chicago IL, September 14

Rating 6.3

The guys behind the counter are fast, friendly and efficient. The food is another story. The temperature in the store was WAY too HOT on a cool day in Chicago.

I had the beef "special" and was not happy with the beef that arrived. It was served on a small bun, was very plain (I had it without peppers or onions) and dry, and is just a plain small sandwich. I sometimes grab dinner at the Gold Coast stand at Union Station and the beef's are much larger and better ("juicier").

The fries were served unsalted in a large brown bag, and were hot and excellent in flavor and texture, the only issue is there were just not very many of them.

The drink was small, and not enough for the dry sandwich that I had.

There are tons of lunch spots around the location, and I wont be back to this one.

Total - Beef special $7.09 + .92 tax = $7.91

PS. I think I forgot to mention the homeless guy sleeping at one of the four outside tables.