Sep 27, 2009

The Boss, Chicago IL - September 20

Rating - 10.00+++

The show started without any warm up at 8:20 pm (start time on the ticket was 7:30). The crowd was interesting, I would guess the average age was 50......I actually felt younger. The UC was looked sold out from the front of the stage forward (there were seats behind but they would be awful). There had to be at least a thousand in the general admission area in front of the stage.

To say the show was AWESOME would be an understatement. Bruce was in full motion from the opening on...and the energy and excitement was really amazing. He was smiling and full of energy the entire show.

They played Born to Run from start to finish and we knew most of the songs. I would say the audience stood for at least 1/2 of the show, but you could sit or stand as you wanted (I had to stand a lot as the seats were horrible---really tight---no legroom at all). Katie danced for most of it, and the 50ish guy next to me sang EVERY song.

At the end they took a quick bow, and then launched into a 7 song encore.

I am writing this a week later, and as I look back it really was an incredible experience!!!